"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

October 14, 2011

Putting It In Place

It is a great feeling when the mind is in sync with the direction and focus of your opportunity.  I truly understand that just because you create something, it does not mean that business all of the sudden falls into your lap. That is just the way it is.  However, this is the time where you prepare, you focus on your objective(s) and goals.  So, this is what I have been doing for the last few and I am pleased with my progress.  Furthermore, when you are able to put it down on paper, defining what it is you are trying to accomplish and share with others, you really have to be clear and concise in a manner that lets others see your mission.  You can have all the passion in the world about something dear to you, but if you can not explain or demonstrate to others "what it is"well then...

I have worked hard over the years to develop skills and abilities that now seem so natural.  That in itself makes the process I am currently in so wonderful.  I reflect back to a time when I was told " you have no options, you can't even get into a community college, what are you going to do with your life?" Or to the one and only time I was fired from a job, a turning point in my life for sure.  It was my first job (not my first first job) after I barely graduated from high school.  I was working in a factory (shipping & receiving) unloading tractor trailers and whatever else I was told.  A bunch of us went out for lunch to a Chinese restaurant that we knew would serve us alcohol (we were all under age) and I was driving.  We were having such a good time at lunch that we figured "lets forget about going back to work and continue this party."  Well, that's what we did... Instead of going back to our responsibility at work (one that we all were not so vested in at the time) we came up with a plan that included more alcohol, and now some drugs, and a house that was safe and available.  I made it home safe after that little adventure (one of my many "nine lives" during those years) but  the next day at work, the first thing upon arrival was a trip to the bosses office.  There weren't many words spoken and I really had nothing to say in my defense, I knew what I did and I deserved the consequence.  That was the first and only time I have ever been fired from a job.  I have had many jobs since those days and I have never forgot that lesson, nearly 24 years ago...

Life experiences (good or not) can really teach you much.  I know for myself that the life experiences that I have encountered and embraced along the way have all taught me, whether I acknowledged it (at the time) or not.  I say this because the learning that I have gained has given me the ability to really break it down, to really help others not only see it through my eyes, but theirs as well.  This is such a wonderful thing that will allow me to really help others in the positions of helping others, the only thing that remains to be seen is if they can hear me?

If You Fail To Prepare, Prepare To Fail.
John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment