"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

October 21, 2011

The Day When It All Began

Today has been a good day...  I am moving into another year today and so (as I do) I reflect on the path(s) that I have taken before, the one I am on today, I stay present.  I want to thank all of those who sent love and wishes my way, it meant a lot and as always I appreciate it.  I hope those that didn't know or remember are not taking it personal.  Please do not as I don't roll like that, and quite honestly I have come to embrace a way that is low key with less attention brought my way.  I thought about just that today...  When I was a young boy, like most I anticipated this day.  I wanted the gifts and party, it was just the thing to do and most of my friends and family members made it feel that it was an important occasion to celebrate.  I lost that energy and feeling along the way.  I remember a time when I was just trying to get through the day, and this day was just another one of them.  I believe that my independence and uncertainty in life, and the direction I was headed (or not) also played a role over the years.  As an adult I became much more of a private man, enjoying others joy far more than my own.  I know that this was taught to me by certain experiences, relationships, true learning, and many other factors that influenced me to pull back, observe, watch from afar, and quite honestly not be the center of attention.  However, this does not mean that when I want to, am able to, and others are available to listen and digest I won't speak or engage.  I will and have no problem with opening up my heart...

I don't see it as a fault or a negative thing.  I am quite comfortable being the man I am today.  I have grown tremendously over the years, and will continue to as my days move me forward.  Over the last several years I have made some truly life changing steps towards a healthy, peaceful, and happy existence.  I am so pleased with what I have, and I do not spend much effort or time on what I don't have.  I dreamed of a life filled with unconditional love, respect, and support.  I am happy to say that I have that life!  This in itself allows me to embrace the true gifts that one can receive in life.  I guess that has some direct relationship with why I don't get too involved or caught up in celebrations for myself.  I am celebrating on an often basis, something that took much to obtain and achieve.  I am thankful for that.  As they say on the block "I am too blessed to be stressed." Yes indeed its a good day.  I began it with a hike with my favorite furry companion Blackooh.  She has brought so much joy into my life and truly has given me years back.  I have included a picture of our moment together this morning, celebrating each other and the life we have!  Until we meet again may you all be well to your day, and your day will be well to you...


Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.  Anyone who keeps learning stays young.  The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment