"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

October 8, 2011

Going Back

Man...  What a wonderful way it is to be able to go back.  I have found myself reconnecting with a few of those that truly held my hand along the way.  It is so true to the point that when you get to a good place, one that can only be produced by years of getting through it, dreaming if it really is possible, and all and everything that gives you the strength and determination to get up and stand up, you can arrive!  I am deeply touched by the kind words and  love that have been shared.  I am deeply appreciative and humbled, and once again I am able to embrace that I am on the right path, one that took many turns and detours along the way.  This journey challenged me to turn around and go back many times, but never for too long, as I found a way to always keep fighting.

I eventually realized that I could and would get there, no matter how long or how difficult it could possibly be.  I am fully aware that others are reading my words, but I don't know if most have figured it out yet.  However, that is alright because as I continue to write, I will get  you closer, and you will know.  It is a beautiful thing.  It is right and it has taken over 30 years to get here.  Another lesson in patience.  The greatest opportunities in life can not always arrive when you want them to.  This is not a reality for most, but quite honestly an expectation that many assume will just be.  I have never assumed.  I have never expected.  However, I have always dreamed, and those dreams have been the driving force in living it, motivating myself to get through it and understand it, so that I could move forward and finally love myself and thus the life that was waiting for me.  Life and all the wonderful gifts it can afford are within all of us, it just sometimes takes some effort and patience.  I will leave you with that lesson...

Where There Is Love, There Is No Question.
Unknown





No comments:

Post a Comment