"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

April 27, 2012

The Journey...

"Success is a journey, not a destination.  The doing is often more important than the outcome."
~Arthur Ashe


Good day to all those that can hear me!  I'm thinking since it is Friday that there probably has been a little more bounce in your way, and even the challenges that may have presented themselves today, you managed alright.  Today, I began with a quote, one that had me reflect on where I am currently at, where I've been, and the uncertain future that awaits.  Reflection is a part of the process of learning from yesterday, so that you can truly live in today.  It is something that I find myself doing on a regular basis, and I will say it has only added to my sense of self, and my self-awareness in a truly empowering manner.  The process in itself has also enhanced my personal and professional worlds, and for that I am thankful and mindful of what I have gained!

Success...  Each one of us defines success in a manner that applies to how we fit into this world, how we walk through it, what we choose to do while we are here, and how we treat the everyday man, woman, and child we cross paths with.  For example, for myself success is not measured by the amount of money I have in my account, the title on my business card, or the mention of my name.  Success for me is exactly what Booker T. Washington so graciously stated  "it is measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has over come."  You see, when you over come you get up, you learn, you grow, and you move forward.  This process empowers you to reach further then you ever imagined.  For all you want, and all you believe you can achieve.  What it did for me was give me the strength and determination to achieve more than many ever, ever thought was possible.  What it did for me was show me the way to better myself, and by doing just this I was given something that has truly transformed my life.  I was allowed to enter into a profession that the doors don't open for everyone.  I was given an opportunity that I hold so close to my heart, a part of me that provides me with strength and inspiration every time I am able to use it .  You see, I am able to help others lift their heads up, and show them how to let their hearts open. When this happens there is an opportunity for it to carry over from person to person, in relationships, family systems, culture, and community.  That is success!

I have learned much along the way, the doing has taught me well.  I look forward to what awaits.  I'm living in the journey, not thinking about the destination!  I appreciate you following me on this one, as you move into the weekend be mindful of what matters, while walking forward with your head up, and your heart open.  Until we meet again, be strong, stand up, and stay up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment