"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

April 9, 2012

Stand Up!


Today I found myself starting out of the gate a little slow.  Mondays have that way of presenting what we may not want to face, but we know we must in order to stand up and stay up.  It's always interesting how the process works.  For example, this morning I found myself going to that place of avoidance, influenced by the uncertainty of what I don't have.  I knew what I was experiencing was nothing other than me being hard on myself.  However, it's not always easy to stop the process and this in itself sometimes feeds right into the exact thing your are attempting to manage and cope with.  You see, when you clearly understand what your experiencing, and how negative and unhealthy it is affecting you, and your still experiencing it, really?  Is this helping me right now?  No, it is not, and when you have that conversation with yourself, the one where you are rationalizing and justifying you must know you are only complicating the matter.  There is only one decision to be made at this point, its time to get up, take action, and move forward.  This is what I did (and will continue to), and this is what we all have to continue to do when we find ourselves creating unnecessary roadblocks.  

I am ready and available to provide what I know can help others breathe a little easier.  When this will happen I can not control, I can't.  I will continue to keep putting my message out to the universe the only way I know how, with respect, honesty, compassion and understanding.  I will continue to embrace rejection and disappointment as a learning opportunity, one that I will choose to inspire and empower me while I keep pushing forward because I have realized "there is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing your dream." Until we meet again may this find you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment