"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

November 9, 2011

Good & Bad

What you say!  I hope everyone is embracing the change in time and season.  It's funny how the change can give us an easy opportunity to excuse.  I'm tired because of.  I'm sick because of.  I can't seem to because of.  I'm not really sure its because of the change in time and season, but who am I to judge, it is what you want it to be.

Today I was posed with an idea that has given me some thought.  The dichotomy of walking through life, in a manner that is mutually exclusive, opposed, or contradictory.  The battle of understanding life through the lens of good and bad.  Honestly, I had a hard time figuring out where this one was going.  Don't we all walk through life with an understanding that there are two parts, good and bad?  I know the difference don't you?  It turns out that it wasn't about the difference of, but the action that determines how we may justify or rationalize our progress, or lack of.  It wasn't as simple as I thought, and once again I found myself confused, uncertain as to what exactly was being asked?  What I do know is that I have learned a tremendous amount about myself in the years I have been around.  With that being said sometimes you learn more than you need to, somehow getting lost in trying to figure it out.  I know for myself that I don't walk through life trying to figure it all out.  However, I am curious as to the what and how that has influenced my development, socialization, behavior, and many other factors that have determined my choices and actions along the way...  With that being said there are always going to variables that make no sense, its like books falling off the bookshelf, sometimes they fall and we have no idea as to the why or how.

Whether understood or not, the unknown is not something that I run from.  I will continue to be open to the learning, challenge, and growth that happens when the onion has been peeled back.  I welcome the opportunity to be a work in progress, never perfect, but always present.  So, with that being what it is may we all just embrace the day as it is.  Whether change is due to us falling back, or the daily grind we find ourselves immersed into. The life we live doesn't always come with an understanding that makes sense, and when it looks like it does there are always going to be those that will say its not.  Until we meet again keep your head up, with the mindset that life is OK, no matter where you may be at!

No comments:

Post a Comment