"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

July 6, 2012

Adjust & Adapt






That's what we do...  Happy to be back writing and sharing with all those that can hear me.  I found my schedule and weekly activity change recently, and as we must do, I adjusted and adapted accordingly.  Immersed into the culture and activity of the summer months, it is easy to stray from that path that has your back, the one that you know will support and sustain your well-being.  As a social worker, one who strives to learn from yesterday, so that today will be more manageable I learn to adjust and adapt.  You see, in the field of helping others change for the better your expectation is just that, yours.  The meaning behind this is that the experiences and opportunities that you are immersed into are often uncertain, unpredictable, and most of the time never what one expects.  Therefore, you learn to adjust and adapt, allowing for one to stay available and present in the process.

As I found my routine and schedule changing I allowed myself to embrace the moment.  I allowed myself to once again accept the uncertain, understanding that whatever comes my way I will get through it.  Often, it so easy to get caught up in that "control" process, the one where we want our environment and role within it to stay the same, predictable, safe and secure.  Well, we know this is not always a reality, and as I mentioned to someone I was advising today "challenges provide us with amazing opportunities to learn and grow."  So, for all those that can hear me that may be experiencing an adjustment period in their routine, schedule, and day to day mode of operation...  Stay present with where your at, with the understanding that everything will get done, and minimize the worry, anxiety, and stress that can come with the uncertain.  You are the creator of your own destiny, and with that comes the ultimate opportunity.

Remember to make time for yourself while you enjoy the moments spent with your Ohana (family & friends).  We don't get any do overs, as I have mentioned before, life is not a dress rehearsal.  Live it and love it, while you work towards that progress, always moving forward.  Until we meet again you be well while you continue to walk with your head up and heart open. 



No comments:

Post a Comment