"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

July 26, 2013

Never Perfect...

by Daniel Jacob, MSW: Founder of Can You Hear Me?


  

Transformation is never perfect...  I heard this exact message the other day from a source of inspiration that I have learned from on many occasions.  It resonated with me and thus I felt the need to process further, while extending another opening to all of those than can hear me.  When one commits to the process of change, there definitely needs to be a level of determination and belief that can motivate and inspire our actions.  There also needs to be a tremendous amount of trust, of the process that is.  You see, it will not unfold as you may expect or imagine and so often we are vulnerable to the effects of what we don't see versus what is happening.  Transformation is never perfect...

If it were there would be so much that we would never receive.  The lessons learned through challenge and obstacles would not present themselves, and the growth and resilience that we gain as a result do not exist.  When you are in the midst of transformation it takes a level of effort that requires one to commit to every day for the rest of your days.  As I open the door, one that has opportunity waiting inside, my hope is that you understand that it begins when you start.  Don't spend too much time trying to figure out what you just cannot control, instead, may you see what you can.  When you are able to separate the two, you are one step closer to being self-determined to change.  Transformation is never perfect...
  
It occurs when you are available to embrace the imperfect as lessons to be learned from.  As I leave you this week, it wasn't about the quantity of words, but the impact of the message.  If I am able to help just one of you off the ground, then I have succeeded.  If I am able to help you slow down long enough to see a way towards a better day, then I have succeeded.  If I am afforded the ability to continue to reach, teach, support and guide, then I am exactly where I need to be.  An opportunity that I would have never received if I didn't buy into the idea that Transformation is never perfect...   

Until our paths cross again may this find you breathing well out there!



About Author

 

Daniel Jacob, MSW Email
Founder of Can You Hear Me? External Field Instructor at University of Southern California School of Social Work MSW@USC. Daniel has a Masters in Social Work (Families and Children Practice/School Social Work). He is currently nearing the completion of the LCSW testing process. More about the man behind the mission ⇢  

No comments:

Post a Comment