"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

October 18, 2013

I'm Walking Through...

by Daniel Jacob, MSW: Founder of Can You Hear Me?


I'm Walking Through...  As I reflect into my words I am immersed into the history that has shaped me, while looking through that hopeful lens.  This week I am touched by the possibility of an opportunity that I surely never thought would become a potential reality .  You see, the expectation changes as you do, and the learning as a result can be empowering.  As I write I am holding on to just that as I'm Walking Through... 

Like many of you who can hear me I have those selected few in my corner who advise me as needed.  You know the one's I'm talking about as they mentor, guide, support and show the learning that you cannot always see on your own.  One trusted individual in particular shared with me (sometime ago) a valuable lesson that applies well to where I am at today.  As my fingers tap out my emotion I am inspired, and so I choose to pass it on and along.  It goes like this: our expectation is just that and when the outcome presents, it often far exceeds what we may have originally imagined.  The most recent chapter in my journey (the one that not everyone will understand) has truly supported this lesson, I can see it so clearly as I'm Walking Through...

As I contemplate my future and what awaits, my words (and the intention within) once again serve as an opportunity to connect my voice and story with your possibility.  No matter where you find yourself on the road we call life, may you see the hope that is hand in hand with your expectation.  Continue to trust the process that you must be a part of, because without such you do not move forward.  Wherever you end up may you recognize what you have gained, as you embrace and accept that it was always meant to be.

Until the next time my words meet your availability may you walk with you head up and heart open, as you continue to be well to yourself and those in need.  I'm Walking Through... 

     

About Author

Daniel Jacob, MSW Email
Founder of Can You Hear Me? External Field Instructor at University of Southern California School of Social Work MSW@USC. Daniel has a Masters in Social Work (Families and Children Practice/School Social Work). He is currently nearing the completion of the LCSW testing process. More about the man behind the mission⇢

No comments:

Post a Comment