"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

May 17, 2013

I Certainly Am Not Trying!

by Daniel Jacob, MSW: Founder of Can You Hear Me?


Nice to be back sharing with all of those that can hear me!  My writing this week is inspired by a post I recently shared on another Can You Hear Me? support platform.  It was another opportunity to empower, support and instruct, something that is a primary influence in what I strive to give.  The post received a lot of traffic and I took notice that people were listening.  It seemed like a great opportunity to provide further support here.  The message was concise and to the point and it began from the acronym/picture you will have noticed above.  The premise is one that we all visit from time to time.  You know those moments when we get in our own way by creating obstacles and barriers that prevent us from moving forward.  It relates to change, for the better that is.

No matter what the change is, it does not happen without these three factors:
      Want   
        Belief  
           Commitment   
In order to embrace this change for the better you have to want it, if you believe it is possible it will be, and to achieve this change you must commit to the necessary work!  It sounds pretty matter of fact to me, and this in of itself is the underlying message here.  It is only as difficult as we make it.  Change is available for all, and if you put forward this intention that I have shared, with purpose and action, then you will get there... How do I know this?  Well, after much trial and error on my part as I have worked towards progress, I have been able to see the rewards as a result of following this plan.  As I write, I think to myself "how can I express to the reader what I feel, know to be true and really trust?"

The only way I can do that is to continue to speak from a place that will always be true to my experience.  One that has allowed me to fall down along the way, while giving me plenty of opportunities to get up, stand up and stay up!  I've always been given a choice, what I did with it determined much, as it does for you.  So with that I leave you with enough to process, learn from, and as always aspire to change for the better!  Be well out there, until we connect again keep your head up and heart open as you continue to work towards your own progress...



About Author

Daniel Jacob, MSW Email
Founder of Can You Hear Me? External Field Instructor at University of Southern California School of Social Work MSW@USC. Daniel has a Masters in Social Work (Families and Children Practice/School Social Work). He is currently nearing the completion of the LCSW testing process.
More about the man behind the mission ⇢

No comments:

Post a Comment