"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

February 8, 2011

Where You At?

Yeah today is is one of those...  I'm feeling a little low and I find myself trying to embrace the path I have found myself on for some time now.  It's a perspective and feeling that I know oh so well.  Let me explain.  I have been working hard for almost two years now getting back to a place of well being.  With that being said much has gone into making that happen, and more importantly maintaining it (the hard part in it all).  I feel really well and thus understand what it takes to make it all work.  However, as I have come to understand (since I was a young boy) you can not, nor should you fight the challenging low moments that are such a prominent part of our existence, and often come into play when we never see it coming.  This is where I am at.  However, I have never really been one to stay down for long periods of time.  Instead I find myself identifying with where I am at, trying to embrace the learning opportunity that is right in front of me and then work it out.   It is a challenge I don't run away from, but quite honestly run in to with the idea that I will move forward at some point, yes I will.

So, as I try and process the state I am in I move towards a understanding that I have come to embrace over the last several years.  Suffering can be temporary or permanent (long term) and it's up to you which outcome awaits.  This perspective only comes when you have committed to the process of changing for the better, and you are willing to do the necessary work motivated by the understanding of the benefits and rewards you know can be obtained.  Therefore, no matter how low I may be feeling now I truly understand that it is only a temporary state, and as I often say at moments like this: today may have been a tough one, but tomorrow is a brand new one so keep learning from yesterday, so that you can live today.

No comments:

Post a Comment