"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

February 2, 2011

You Live It And Love It

Today has provided me with many moments of deep reflection...  Today I celebrate and honor someone who taught me much about life and how to carry myself with respect (for yourself and all whom you cross paths with), integrity, and the quality of life that can move you through life in a truly wonderful way.  In a world that often finds us searching for guidance, acceptance, and an unconditional love that never allows you to be vulnerable, I  am fortunate and truly blessed to have had such an opportunity to see it in its truest form.  If you have not come to understand (by reading my entries) that one of the best learning opportunities that I have had (and continue to have) is learning through the eyes of others, then I am not sure you have fully digested my words.

Today I honor and celebrate a man that would of turned ninety seven years young on this day, three years since he left us.  The lessons and love that he shared with me throughout the best of times, and the most challenging of times are the gifts that keep giving.  Often, when one passes on we are so truly devastated and at a loss, stuck in a state of grief and despair that we honestly don't see a clear way out.  Of course when we lose someone way before their time, it is harder perhaps to accept and move forward.  However, I believe that when we lose those we hold close to our hearts, they never truly leave as they remain within us and continue to guide and lead us down our paths in life.  No matter where your life is at this moment, no matter where you may be headed, or where you may be stuck.  May you always hold on to the lessons and love that have been given, allowing yourself to live life and love life.






About Author
 








Daniel Jacob, MSW  Email
Founder of Can You Hear Me?  External Field Instructor at University of Southern California School of Social Work MSW@USC.  Daniel has a Masters in Social Work (Families and Children Practice/School Social Work).  He is currently nearing the completion of the LCSW testing process.     
More about the man behind the mission ⇢

No comments:

Post a Comment