"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

October 19, 2012

Who Am I...

Good day to all those that can hear me... I hope that the week you have been moving through has treated you well.  Providing you opportunities to learn, be challenged, grow, and overcome what may have initially appeared impossible to do so.  Today, I am inspired to write from that place that has me in thought, reflection, and the ability to visualize what may not be present, but I can see it becoming.  As I have ventured into this arena of expression and sharing I have been exposed to a tremendous amount of information, ideas, thoughts, education, and any and all that one can learn from others who are given the choice to put it out there.  With that being said I have taken note that some allow the reader an understanding of who the "person" behind the words is.  While others just give the facts, data, and knowledge at hand, with the idea that it will help, support, and teach, but for whatever reason (that is entirely theirs) the "person" is not presented in the writing.  This is where my thought went to when I thought about my opportunity here, who am I...  Let me point out that there is no ? attached to this statement.  The reason, it is not a question.  I know who I am quite clearly, in fact, so well that at times it is scary.

I am well.  I am strong.  I am able and willing.  I am focused and determined.  I am passionate and empathic.  I am sensitive and aware.  I am informed and engaged.  I am patient and honest.  I am selfless and giving.  I am all about doing the right thing.  These representations are just some of who I am, what I strive to be, and what keeps me trusting the process.  These qualities are what I put into my words and sharing, with only one goal:  to empower both the storyteller and reader.  So far, I am receiving exactly what I put out there, without overthinking the opportunity that I have given myself.  When I say "give" I know that I am moving in the right direction, once again embracing the idea that "when one teaches two learn."  I am without a doubt learning every day, and with this outcome I can clearly see how my effort, persistence, and resilience have indeed helped me move forward! 

As always I thank you for your availability and time.  I hope that I have allowed you to pause, reflect, and process where you are, where you want to go, and who you want to be. We don't often ask ourselves the questions that can help us help ourselves.  With that, there is always an opportunity to do something different or unfamiliar, as often the unexpected arrives when we just trust the process, don't overthink, just act.  Live it, love it, and work on it, everything else will move as you do!!!


  Who am I... 

 "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
  
~ Alexander Graham Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment