"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

August 16, 2012

Milestones = PROGRESS

Here we are again, my words and your ability to embrace what I am sharing.  I look at it as an opportunity for us both, one that will empower and support us as we strive to move on forward.  Recently I went back in time, I traveled in a manner of reflection and growth. This journey in particular has been in play for many many years.  One that has challenged me to the point of uncertainty.  However, it has also provided me with so many wonderful learning experiences, all of which have laid the foundation for where I find myself right here, right now!

Over the last few days I have been celebrating the Matriarch of my family system, and her 7 decades of living and loving.  It is a milestone in years, life, and the reflection it can produce for all who are a part of this experience.  For myself, I was able to go to that place and space where my memory became a "Rolodex" of reflection.  Moments in time where I found myself falling down, getting back up, and striving to move forward.  I was able to reflect on all that has transpired over the course of my days under the guise of...  From the early years when I just couldn't understand what was going on, why it was transpiring, and what I did for this to come my way. I was able to move into the moments when I could see the learning and growth I was receiving as a result of my own failures, and the disappointment that came from the actions and decisions that I created.  I then moved into the work era, that point in time when I hit the ground running and didn't stop until I had some learning/wisdom, and a couple of degrees (that I truly earned). This was definitely a time that demanded effort, persistence, and resilience.  The next chapter took me into the field, a time when my heart opened and I was able to allow the available hands around to help me along.  A time of great challenge, a time when I was witness to much, but through the difficulty of it all I found my way and I am living it like I have never, never ever have before!

Milestones are moments that can take us back.  They are defining and empowering, and for me, they once again helped me see that I am a work in progress, headed in the right direction.  Today is a good day.  It is so because I helped create it.  Now ask yourself the same?  No matter where your day has you, hold on to the idea that your life is the ultimate teacher, it is up to you on how you will receive the learning opportunities that will present themselves.  To all those that can hear me, be strong, stand up, and stay up.  It's all good, if you are!




No comments:

Post a Comment