"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

November 14, 2011

This Is Where I Am At

Good day!  If you have been following my writings I am hoping that you have acknowledged that I don't write just to.  I write when I am inspired to share, express, and thus communicate.  When you hear me you are being spoken to, with an open mind and heart.  My intention is not to fill pages with words, but with meaning and support.  If I have learned anything along the way, it is that the ability and opportunity to give/share will open your world in a very positive manner.  The last week has been good to me, and I hope the same for all of you.  I had the wonderful opportunity to connect with those closest to my world.  Some that I haven't seen in a few, and others who are a constant.  This is such a beautiful part of my life, one where I can be witness to the gifts and support that I receive from those I truly care for.  This is indeed a part of life that matters to me.  A part of our existence that is shaped and influenced by those we trust, learn from, and who always have our back, when at times we feel that there is not much to hold us up.  I know for myself that I don't get to the healthy place I find myself in today without just that.  It doesn't even have to be a daily occurrence, meaning that I don't need to talk with or see my people all of the time, its when I do connect with and see them that we are able to continue forward. 

Often, many seek that constant interaction with others in a manner that I believe helps others feel they are not vulnerable or susceptible to a perception that just may not be the truth.  For many years now I have maintained an approach that when me and my people connect we go from there. Therefore, I don't allow myself to get caught up in the guilt, frustration, etc. one may feel if they are not constantly in contact with those closest to them.  I know that my people are in my world, even when they may be struggling to function in their own.  I hold on to the moments together that have influenced and supported our relationship, and this allows me to trust that we are still connected.  I won't allow myself to suffer based on an expectation that is not mine.  So, for all of you out there that have not talked with, visited with, and connected with those you hold closest to your world its your call.  How you see it, or perceive it, if the relationship is meant to last it will, if not then you move on and forward.  As I have said before "life is not a dress rehearsal, you have one shot."  So, its up to you and how you want to walk through it.  I know for myself that I will walk through this world with a clear understanding of how I will treat others, and how I will treat myself.  As long as I follow a decent path all else will fall where it should. 

Life is what you make it, and without those to share it with and live it with, it can be a void in a unfulfilled world.  Please see this and take advantage of that quality of life that you deserve to have.  This is where I am at.  I am excited about the possibilities that await, and as they unfold I will reflect on the support and love that I have received along the way.  Until the next time be well out there, stay present and always remember what you have, not what you don't!

  
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting 
that a new world is born.
Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment