"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

April 10, 2014

I'm Jumping Back In!

   by Daniel Jacob, MSW: Founder of Can You Hear Me?


It has been over a month since I last posted. The idea was to keep my last entry (in support of National Social Work Month 2014) front and center for the entire month as we honored this great profession!  However, as time moved forward I took note and found that I was lacking the needed inspiration and drive to write something new.  If I don't see it, my words will not tap into the passion and drive that is my catalyst behind the process.  I accepted that this was where I was at while recognizing when the time was right I would return.  The time is now and I'm Jumping Back In!

As I find my words today inspired by hope and purpose, I am thinking about my fellow helping professionals who may be in need.  I understand that you may be unable to see it yourself, and that my awareness may not be the same as those I strive to reach.  I fully accept the "why" behind this as our impacted culture, demands of the profession, and those historical factors that are still hanging in the distance have their way...  The outcome here, well they are the ample opportunities that promote disengagement, distraction and the inability to hear.  I mention this because when I write, I do so with the intention that it will find its way to those who are available to hear it when and if.  Hence the name of this forum is a message in of itself: "Don't listen to what I say.  Listen to what I mean." 

I'm Jumping Back In!  The support (i.e. promoting resiliency and advocacy) that I strive to give has to facilitate thinking, encourage risk, and support struggle.  These components are not only necessary for the process, but they are key ingredients towards one changing for the better.  I understand this because I've lived through it as I continue to trust the process.  Therefore, when you find yourself available to what I am sharing, you are more than likely wanting to change, believe you can, and are ready to commit to the necessary work.  Not so simple I get that!  However, this is truly the gateway to resiliency, and I advocate for this with every opportunity I can to the clients and community (in need of the support) that I am striving to reach with Can You Hear Me?  

I'm Jumping Back In!  If you are new to my forum I welcome you to join my efforts while learning through my eyes as I strive to support you, my fellow helping professionals in need.  Here is some further insight into my model as shared in this interview that I was a part of around this time last year.  I think it conveys my history and mission quite well, so when the time is right please feel free.  As always I am available when you are, so by all means contact me when and if!  Until the next time my words meet your availability, may this find you breathing well...
  


About Author

Daniel Jacob, MSW Email
Founder of Can You Hear Me? External Field Instructor and Adjunct Lecturer at University of Southern California School of Social Work VAC.  Daniel has a Masters in Social Work (Families and Children Practice/School Social Work).  He is currently nearing the completion of the LCSW testing process as he continues to work towards progress!  More about the man behind the mission⇢

No comments:

Post a Comment