"You don't have to think about doing the right thing. If you're for the right thing, then you do it without thinking."
~ Maya Angelou

September 12, 2013

I Had A Moment...

by Daniel Jacob, MSW: Founder of Can You Hear Me?


How are we doing this week?  My hope is that you've found yourself learning from yesterday so that you can live well today.  As I write today's post my inspiration is within me and thus I am ready to share to all of those that can hear me!  This morning I had a moment that allowed me to time travel back to a familiar place that I use to visit when I was a child.  It happened as I was immersed into one of my usual morning selfcare practices, and before I knew it I was passing by a childhood memory that brought me back.  I had a moment, one that provided me with an opportunity to reflect, and by doing so I once again was able to breathe a little easier...

Nearly four decades later this physical space that I was looking upon was still intact.  It looked the same as I had remembered, though much has transpired for myself since those early years as a kid.  As a young boy when I was told we were going there I often found my emotions mixed with excitement and fear.  I was excited to have the opportunity to go, but somewhat anxious for what I knew I could not control.  However, we always went back, and sure enough after I was finished with this experience everything was OK.
Life has been much of the same, walking through it with moments of excitement and fear.  I've always found myself coming back, and the process has taught me much...  I had a moment and once again I am empowered by the lessons I've learned, the one's that continue to find me years later.  No matter what challenges have been presented, or the pain that has found its way as a result, the healing has provided opportunity.  Where I am today has only allowed me to embrace these moments as I continue to add to my work towards progress.  This is it, the classroom is right there ready to be entered, as long as you are available to see it.

May you embrace your own moments as they are part of the process.  They will always be necessary in order to move forward and towards that space that has opportunity waiting for you.  Own it, learn from it, and may you find yourself being able to accept it!  They are brought to you by reason because you are that resilient being, and these moments are just another opening to show you the way.  Until we connect again as always may this find you breathing well...



 
About Author
   
Daniel Jacob, MSW Email
Founder of Can You Hear Me? External Field Instructor at University of Southern California School of Social Work MSW@USC. Daniel has a Masters in Social Work (Families and Children Practice/School Social Work). He is currently nearing the completion of the LCSW testing process. More about the man behind the mission ⇢  

No comments:

Post a Comment